The French official legal portal Legifrance.gouv.fr now provides access to English translations of French legal texts. Note that these translations are for reference purposes only; the original text is also available for comparing modifications. Click here to access English translations.
A quick reference guide to the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP) is now available in HeinOnline – http://heinonline.org/HeinDocs/iflp_quickreferenceguide.pdf
The Canadian Labour and Employment Law Journal Volumes 1 -16 (1992 – 2011) is now available in HeinOnline. See catalogue record here – http://www.library.yorku.ca/find/Record/muler703690
Other journals now available in Hein are:
- Flinders Law Journal, Vols. 1-13 (1995-2011) Also known as Flinders Journal of Law Reform.
- Journal of International Commercial Law and Technology, Vols. 1-7#1 (2006-2012)
- Resolved: Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Vol. 1 (2010-2011)
- Romanian Journal of European Affairs,Vols. 1-11 (2001-2011)
The following training sessions are being offered by the Law Library:
Quicklaw – Monday September 26, 2011.
- Case law from 12:15 – 1:15
- Legislation from 1:15 - 2:15
Westlaw – Wednesday October 12, 2011.
- Canadian material from 12:15 – 1:15
- U.S. material from 1:15 - 2:15
CCH Online – Monday October 17, 2011.
- 12:15 -1:15
Location: Room 2009
Please email email@example.com if you will be attending.
Bookmark the library on your mobile phone – http://m.library.yorku.ca – to check your account, renew your loans and search the catalogue on the go!
The session will cover primary and secondary resources, bibliographic management tools such as RefWorks and Zotero.
Date: Monday May 9, 2011
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Room S839 Ross Building
Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Light refreshments will be served.