As previously mentioned, the legal and business content of CCH Online has been acquired by LexisNexis and they are currently in the process of migrating the content to the LexisNexis Quicklaw platform.
These products contain expert commentary, case law, statutes, regulations, forms, topical newsletters, and more.
We are happy to report that for the 2015/2016 academic year you will continue to have access to these Law and Business titles via the CCH online site at www.cchonline.ca or under Quick Links on the Library’s home page, using a universal username and password.
For Osgoode’s ID and password for the CCH online Law and Business titles please ask at the Reference desk.
CCH Online supports Internet Explorer. It does not support Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.
There can be an unlimited number of concurrent users on the account at one time.
Check out the WestlawNext Canada registration tips on the Online Services Research Guide. It’s under the WestlawNext Canada tab, under Registration instructions. If you still have problems, come see us at the Reference desk in the Library, weekdays between 10 AM and 4 PM, or call Carswell Customer Service anytime at 416-609-3800 or 1-800-387-5164. Select option 2, then option 2 for Westlaw Canada.
The Osgoode Library now subscribes to the new library in HeinOnline: Religion and the Law. Consisting of more than 1,200 titles and 600,000 pages that include books, periodicals, and bibliographies, this collection provides a research platform for the development, history, organization, and fundamental principles of various world religions. The collection also includes the Christian Legal Society publications, an assortment of Canon Law, and rare historical bibles. This collection will grow considerably as additional new material is added in the future.
Currently, this new collection features works on:
- Canon Law
- History of the Church & State
- Religion & Freedom
- Jewish Law
- Reformation Period
- Early Constitutions of the Church
- Religion & Politics
- The Bible in Public Schools
- And More!
Like other specialist topical libraries on HeinOnline, the Library includes scholarly articles assembled from HeinOnline’s extensive holdings of law journals, as well as digitzed scholarly texts and a custom bibliography. For more information about the library, click here.
Here’s a shapshot of new and updated content added to HeinOnline last month, January 2015. Click the links for more detail on each library’s additions and updates.
- Law Journal Library:
- American Indian Journal
- Anaele Universitatii din Bucuresti: Seria Drept
- Curierul Judiciar
- Information & Communications Technology Law
- International Journal of the Legal Profession
- Journal of Indian Law and Society
- Journal of International Wildlife and Policy
- Ocean Development and International Law
- Philippine Law and Society Review
- New Bar Journal: West Virginia State Bar News: (1950-1975)
- 75 new titles added to Legal Classics, including:
- Infants Lawyer: Or, the Law (Ancient and Modern) Relating to Infants
- 875 new titles added to U.S. Congressional Documents, including:
- 5 new titles added to U.S. Federal Agency Documents, including:
- Annual Report of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (2000-2014)
- 73 new titles added to U.S. Federal Legislative History Library, including:
- Legislative History of the Civil Rights Act of 1957: P.L. 85-315
- Legislative History of the Civil Rights Act of 1960: P.L. 86-449
- Legislative History of the Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994: P.L. 103-328
- 2 new titles and 3 updates added to the State Reports: A Historical Archive, including:
- Cases Determined by the St. Louis, Kansas City and Springfield Courts of Appeals of the State of Missouri (1910-1954)
- Reports of Cases Heard and Determined in the Supreme Court of Rhode Island
- 6 new titles added to Women & the Law, including:
- Feminism and Legal Theory Project at 30: A Workshop on Geographies of Violence: Place, Space, and Time
- Feminism and Legal Theory Project at 30: A Workshop on Labor and Employment
- 3 new titles added to the World Treaty Library, including:
- Complete Collection of All the Marine Treaties Subsisting between Great-Britain and France, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Savoy, Holland, Morocco, Algiers, Tripoli, Tunis, etc.
- 13 new titles added to the World Trials Library, including:
- Eichmann Kommandos
- Eichmann: Technician of Death
- Eichmann: The Man and His Crimes
- Case of Elizabeth Canning Fairly Stated
- 1 new title added to the Hague Academy of Collected Courses Update:
- Volume 368: The Law of Global Governance by Eyal Benvenisti
130 new LLMC Digital titles have been added to the library catalogue.
Access to the LLMC Digital database is available here.
“LLMC, a non-profit cooperative of libraries, is dedicated to – and passionate about – its twin goals:
1) Preserving legal titles and government documents, and
2) Making this valuable content accessible and searchable.”