LexisNexis has notified us that they will be deleting expired Quicklaw accounts. If you are a current Osgoode student and your account has been accidentally deleted, please contact Sharona Brookman at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime you can access Quicklaw without a password through our campus wide subscription. Under Quick Links on the law library’s home page click on Lexis Advance Quicklaw (York). If you are accessing the site remotely you will be prompted to sign on with your Passport York account.
The library is pleased to offer WestlawNext Canada training on Monday, September 16 and Lexis Advance Quicklaw training on Wednesday, September 18.
Both sessions will be in room 2011 and will run from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
Both WestlawNext Canada and Lexis Advance Quicklaw offer access to unique content. Knowing which sources are available on each service and how to use them will help you research effectively.
To register please complete and submit the form at https://webform.osgoode.yorku.ca/view.php?id=518648
Hope you can join us!
We hope that the students who attended yesterday’s Library Research Seminar found it helpful. Slides from the seminar are now available on the Library Research for Research Assistants research guide.
If you have any questions or need help with your research this summer stop by the Reference desk in the library weekdays between 10 AM and 4 PM and we’ll be glad to help. You can also call us at 416-736-5207 or email us at email@example.com.
Wishing you a great summer, the Reference team
Yemisi Dina, Sharon Wang, Daniel Perlin, Sharona Brookman and Sandra Geddes
We’ve had such a wonderful response that we have filled all the available spots for this workshop. Please feel free to stop by the Reference desk if you need help with research over the summer term. We’re here to help weekdays from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Save the date!
Wednesday, May 8, 10 AM to 2 PM, Room 2001
While geared to students who will be working as Research Assistants over the summer, this seminar will be of interest to graduating students, graduate students and anyone else who wants to brush up on their legal research skills.
We will be covering the following topics:
Multidisciplinary, Foreign, Comparative and International law
Citation and Zotero
Vendor training will be provided for WestlawNext Canada, Practical Law and Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters and LexisNexis.
To register for this seminar please email firstname.lastname@example.org with R.A. Research Seminar in the subject line.
Hope you can join us!
Open access to Canadian legal journals is constantly expanding. There’s no complete list of open source Canadian legal journals. The following list is culled from various sources:
- Annual Review of Interdisciplinary Justice Research (University of Winnipeg, Centre for Interdisciplinary Justice Studies)
- Canadian Bar Review (Canadian Bar Association)
- Canadian Competition Law Review (Canadian Bar Association)
- Canadian International Lawyer (Canadian Bar Association)
- Canadian Journal of Comparative and Contemporary Law
- Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice Issues are available one year after date of publication.
- Canadian Journal of Law & Jurisprudence (Western University) Open access from v.26, 2013
- Canadian Journal of Women and the Law Open access from v.21, 2009
- Canadian Labour and Employment Law Journal (CanLII) Open access from v.1, 1993. Issues are available two years after date of publication.
- Constitutional Forum (University of Alberta)
- Dalhousie Journal of Legal Studies
- Lakehead Law Journal
- Les Cahiers de droit (Université Laval) Issues are available two years after date of publication.
- Manitoba Law Journal
- McGill Law Journal
- Osgoode Hall Law Journal
- Ottawa Law Review
- Queen’s Law Journal
- Review of Constitutional Studies (University of Alberta) Issues are available one year after date of publication.
- Revue du Barreau (Barreau du Québec)
- Revue de droit de l’Universite de Sherbrooke Open access from v.20, 1989-1990
- Supreme Court Law Review Only the volumes with the papers from Osgoode Hall’s annual Constitutional Cases Conference are included.
- University of Toronto Law Journal Only a small selection of most-read articles from recent volumes are open access.
- The Western Journal of Legal Studies (Previously University of Western Ontario Journal of Legal Studies)
The library is pleased to offer Lexis Advance Quicklaw training tomorrow, March 6, from 12:30 PM. to 1:30 PM.
The training will be held in Room 2011.
To register send an email today to email@example.com with Lexis Advance Quicklaw training in the subject.
Hope you can join us despite the short notice!